Articles on: Process

How to apply for a repayment of import duty and VAT if you've overpaid?

You might apply for import duty and VAT repayment if you overpaid customs duty. You can either apply through HMRC's new service (if the declaration was made on CHIEF) or form C285 (if the declaration was made on Customs Declaration Service). If you want to simplify the process, you can initiate the claim in three easy steps on our website and get your refund in three weeks.

Updated on: 18/05/2022

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!